The Santiago Hermitage is the oldest Christian parish church in Marbella. It was a mosque, consecrated after the Reconquest.
In 1505 the Archbishop of Sevilla denominated it a Parish and it retained that status until approximately XVII C. when it acquired the category of hermitage.
It is a simple construction, with one sole nave, and a rectangular floor (8 x 16 metres).
The interior has a level ceiling and the exterior a gable roof. On the exterior a small belfry is worthy of note. In the side of the temple which faces Plaza de los Naranjos, a vaulted niche has a contemporary sculpture of Saint James the Apostle.
The “Brotherhood of the Christ of Love” has its head office in this hermitage of San Jacobo as synonym for Santiago.