- All Spanish residents must be listed in the Register of the municipality where they habitually reside.
- Apart from being a legal requirement, registration is highly advisable and both important and useful for the citizen.
- Registration grants a resident status, and therefore confers the rights implied by this condition.
- Registration is a necessary requirement for access to essential services such as schooling, primary health care and obtaining the Healthcare Card (Tarjeta Sanitaria).
- Being registered in Marbella also provides other benefits for the citizen such as, for example, fiscal benefits in the matter of property tax or specific disccounts on municipal services.
Registration and Residency